Friday, May 01, 2009

Some macro shots

Thats from my Minolta 100mm f/2.8 Macro. Bought this from dyxum.com. The seller said the condition was excellent. Well excellent my ass!! The lens came with a lot of dust inside, which affected the image quality. I finally got it cleaned out last week in KL, which cost me RM100. Bugger… but anyway…

It’s sharp, being a prime macro. Focusing is slow as heck, being a prime macro. The DOF is extremely extremely thin… a lot thinner than a Tamron SP90, so its hard to get sufficient DOF.

Here are some sample shots I took over the weekend.

Someone told me it looks drunk…

Seeds from some sorta palm tree

Some sorta bug. My brother actually snapped this because he was taller, so he gets more magnification for overhead subjects. Bugger.

The famous overlapping ovals. Not a macro shot, but sharp as heck! We didn’t know the badge had those imperfections!

2 Comments:

  • wah...ur marco shots super nice leh....*jealous*

    here's a new 'challenge'...take some pics of ur tank!...hehehehe

    By Blogger Amy Koh, at 9:35 PM  

  • wait....make sure the water's not green ya?...hahahah

    By Blogger Amy Koh, at 9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home