Monday, March 16, 2009

Goodbye old friend...

My Minolta 50mm f/3.5 Macro is going off a new home. Very sharp lens with trademark Minolta bokeh. It's "only" f/3.5 but personally, it doesn't really matter because the DOF at f/2.8 is so thin that its hard to use. Makes a reasonably good portrait lens too, but again DOF is hard to manage. 

When I got it second hand from a forummer, my first impression wasn't that good. The box was quite weathered! I thought habislah... sure item condition no good..

Photobucket

But the lens itself was flawless! I suspect it lived in a dry box most its life.

Photobucket
 

Two things that let it down is 1. Its 50mm focal distance means you gotta get in real close and 2. It's only 1:2 magnification. Coupled with the short focal distance, it means the bugs will see me before I shoot them! Anyway, hope the new owner puts it to good use. 

Here are some of the best shots I've taken. 

Trippy with bambi eyes

White

Pink

Dew drops

Now Mr Seller... please send me my Minolta 100mm f/2.8 Macro quickly!! Bwahahahah! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home